Sunday, April 6, 2014

Painting Tip and a Project Update

Hello everyone! I hope you had a great weekend.
 
I was busy working away at my to-do list and I am proud to say I got quite a bit accomplished this weekend.
 
One of my projects included painting and some trim work.
 

 
 
You know me, I am a thrifty chick, and I don't like paying for things that I don't have to, and that includes buckets and cups for painting.
 
I will spend money on a quality paint and brush, but I refuse to spend a lot of money on those little paint buckets you use to dip your brush in while you are painting trim.
 
I'm sure many of you have bought those paint buckets, just like I have, but I am going to show you one of my money saving tips so you no longer need those little plastic buckets.
 
Depending on your method for painting trim work, you will probably find yourself at some point on a step ladder like I have below
 
and you will need something to put your paint in so you don't have to keep running up and down your ladder dipping your paint brush into your paint can.
 

 
You will need something sturdy that will not fall over
every time you dip your brush,
and using a plain bowl or cup doesn't work when you want to run your brush along the side to get off that excess paint.
 
If you are not careful you can tump over your cup or bowl and have a big mess on your hands.
 
NO BUENO!
 
So here comes my tip:
 
I use a left over Swiffer container!
 
Yes, you read that correctly!
I repurpose those containers the Swiffer wet wipes come in and use them when I do my trim work.



 
 
They fit PERFECTLY on my little shelf attached to my ladder.
 


Pin It
 
 
And as you can see the bottom of the Swiffer container has raised sections similar to the grooves on a paint tray.
 
SWEET!
 
This shallow container works perfectly for me and gives me space to dip my brush and wipe off the excess on those raised grooves.
 
And because it is flat and shallow it also easily fits inside plastic bags for those times you need to cover your paint and come back to it later.
 
 
So STOP using those round buckets that have a tendency to get knocked over and are hard to hold on to, and lets face it, those little buckets cost extra money that you don't need to spend!
 
...and start repurposing those wet wipe containers!
 
 
Now, back to my painting project.
 
Have a wonderful week!
 
 
Jennifer
 
 
 
 
Linking Up To:
The Girl Creativehttp://www.thethriftyhome.comjj41114-Tower

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.